Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Story Behind My Most Popular Video

My tribute video to Brother Iz is BY FAR the most popular video I have produced so far, and I really don't know why because there are other videos that I personally like better. Still - there is a story behind this video and if you have a moment, I'd like to share that with you.



I made the video on Christmas day - and almost immediately it took off like wildfire. Since it's been on the internet, it continues to grow more popular every single day. I get messages weekly from viewers from literally all over the world and it is truly a source of inspiration for me.



Anyhow, it was Christmas day and I had locked my door and basically called off Christmas. There were a couple reasons, but the biggest was being absolutely disappointed that everyone around me had lost the "true" meaning of the holiday! Listen, whether Christian or not, you have to admit that December brings a lot of happiness to the world. Anyhow, I see it far more than an occasion to give and receive gifts, but as a time to celebrate love and miracles. So, when I sat down to make this video - it was my very personal message about the greatest power in the world - love! My protest against the material nature of the holiday season!



So, there I was, locked in my house on Christmas day, refusing to see anyone. And, I made this video!



When I was finished, I watched it for the first time and it truly changed my day. I was happy!



To me, I had captured the true meaning of Christmas!!!



And that, my friends, is the story behind the video...



http://www.nme.com/awards/video/id/V1sj2gQJIKI



These are just a few of the comments I've received:



"I made a youtube account just so I could like this :)"



"I don't know why I listen to this song. I cry every time. Such a beautiful voice and from everything I've read about him, a beautiful soul. Thank you for sharing."



"I kept pressing the replay button over and over. this guy was awesome"



"I can't thank you enough for sending this. I've been an Izzy fan ever since I saw "Finding Forrester", this is the most beautiful montage I've ever seen, and it fits perfectly with the beautiful music !!!"



"Thank you for sending this ! Anyone who can watch and listen to this with dry eyes, needs to see a Cardiologist 'cause they ain't got a heart ! Thank you Sooo much !"

No comments:

Post a Comment