Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

G.Bevin - Wish You Were Here (cover on the Eigenharp Alpha)




This music is part of my album "Eigenharp Sketches of 2011" which is free to download: http://gbevin.bandcamp.com/album/eigenharp-sketches-of-2011

A few weeks ago Greg from Orange Tree Samples was so kind to send me a pre-release of his upcoming Evolution Acoustic Guitar - Steel Strings (EAG) product (http://www.orangetreesamples.com/evolution-acoustic-guitar-steel-strings).

I set it up so that the first six percussion keys of the Alpha correspond to the strings of an actual guitar for which I play the chords on the upper split of the keyboard with the EAG strum instrument. The lower split of the main keyboard also uses EAG but with the lead instrument to play the melody line. I also use a foot pedal to sustain notes and chords when needed.

I'm really amazed by how natural the combination of the Eigenharp Alpha together with Evolution Acoustic Guitar feels. You can strum, pick, release chords to play muted strums, do hammer-ons and pull-offs, ... etc.

I'll be looking at an even tighter integration to correctly play up and down stroke samples based on the direction by which you're strumming over the percussion keys ... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment