Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dameon Locklear - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (flute cover)




Dameon Locklear is one of the most talented flutists I have ever heard! Be sure to show him your love and respect at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dameonlocklear?feature=watch


"If you listen closely, this is a relatively simple song to learn by ear. I've broken the chords in the third meter to give you possibilities of which harmonic or melodic line you wish to choose. It's all about what you feel like bringing out. Thank you for your kind remarks. You are greatly appreciated!

So many have asked so much, but here are the most common questions:

"Do you have the sheet music?"
No. I read music just fine, but I have a unique ear, and can usually play anything I hear simply by listening a time or two.

"What kind of flute do you play?"
Nothing fancy, smiles. I've owned the same student model C-foot Gemeinhardt since the end of high school. You can recommend anything you wish, but I strongly feel the sound is from within. Support, airspeed, and projection create resonance.

"Can you send me the music for [this]?"
No. I do not know how to transpose from what I create/hear in my head well enough to create written manuscript that would be easily interpreted for the general population."

-Dameon

No comments:

Post a Comment